Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ice & Snow

I recently needed to find a map of Lake Erie for something I was designing and I came across this incredible satellite photo of lake Erie partially covered in ice. For a closer view of the lake ice, check out my Flickr album, Seiche Damage.

Unlike many people, I can't get enough of the ice and snow, it's a big part of why I live in the north. Today we are experiencing our second storm in three days and I love it. It's getting windy and nearing white out conditions. After I shovel, I'm going to see how far I can get on my bike.

The view from my studio window this morning.

Snow covered spider web

2 comments:

mark said...

With fear of being the guy that posts too much, I had to say... the Lake Erie image is cool. I wonder how often it is completely frozen that you could walk across...? and how soon would the BORDER PATROL guys garb you?

Unknown said...

I know it happens at our end of the lake and you can walk across it (a couple of UB students died trying some years ago), but I don't know how often the entire thing freezes.