Saturday, January 17, 2009

RED ALERT: MY WEBSITES ARE DOWN!!!

I was informed last week that (*$%#ing) Buffnet, the company that hosts Montagueprojects.com and Strayshoppingcart.com has gone out of business. I received no notice from the company and I wasn't sent the codes I need to gain control of my domains from Network Solutions. So, this week, with my new web hosting company, I've been going through the process necessary to get my domains transferred. Until today Buffnet's servers were still running (although they weren't answering the phones). Anyway, now they are off and my sites are gone until Network Solutions finishes the transfer. The worst part of the whole thing is that my main email address, julian@montagueprojects.com, was a mask, managed by Buffnet for my real address Montagueprojects@gmail.com. Now that the servers are off all of my emails are bouncing. I'm extremely pissed at Buffnet. My hope is that this can be resolved by Monday.

3 comments:

Michael Kelleher, North Haven, CT said...

I think that is more of an 'orange" alert, frankly.

Unknown said...

My red rage makes it feel right.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julian,

Sorry about your hosting with your current company. I work for Network Solutions. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks,

Shashi Bellamkonda
smedia@networksolutions.com