Friday, October 16, 2009

Daily Book Graphics #231 / The Meaning of the 20th Century

©1965 / Cover Design by Ronald Clyne. Clyne was the art director for Folkways Records from 1951 to 1981. I just took a quick look to see if there was a good collection of his work online, the best I could find was the web page for a retrospective from New Zealand in 2007: here. I have been disappointed to find, through doing this project, that there are a lot of great designers from the mid century period that have a negligible web presence. I'm thinking particularly of John+Mary Condon, Rudolph De Harak, Fred Troller and Davis/Aviles. The AIGA archives are helpful but low on content. I guess I should start Flickr groups for these designers and see if we could collectively make something happen.

No comments: